With such a wide range of ages and learning curves, they are the perfect match! Once I decided that I wanted to add puppets to my arsenal of things for my kids, I soon discovered that I can’t afford them! Puppets are very expensive to purchase outright. To get a set of 5 puppets you are looking to spend anywhere from $30-$100.
I love to sew, so I thought that I would look for free puppets sewing patterns. That was a joke – there were tons of paper bag puppets, and even ideas on how to make sock puppets….but as far as to sew anything, there was nothing that I could find.
Discouraged, I went shopping and purchased one measly puppet for my kids. Soon after, I thought, “if I am looking for puppet patterns, then there has to be someone else out there who is looking for them too!” So I decided to put my brain on turbo mode and create something amazing. What I ended up with were 5 puppets that are super easy to make and they are the most loved toys in the house.
Why would you want to choose puppets as a significant toy in your house?
- They are exceptional toys for all ages! From infants to 8, they are loved and played with FREQUENTLY!
- They are excellent for teaching social conversational skills.
- They are perfect for children with conditions such as autism to really work through various issues.
- They are a great way to reach out to your children and learn more about who they are and what they are thinking! *Think about it – if you want to know what your child is interested in, start a ‘puppet conversation’ and you will soon find out exactly what peaks their interest!
- Puppets are excellent for getting children who might have concentrating conditions such as A.D.D. to pay more attention to learning. Example: Book reading – It may be easier for a child to sit through a short story that is animated with puppets then to sit and look at pages in a book.
- They are fun! A kid can be as creative or as silly as they want while playing with puppets! Get those imaginations moving and make some puppets!